Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Flash, Actionscript, XML and DTD

There is no way to validate an XML document with a DTD using Flash and Actionscript !! How frustrating !!

And now, a certain property, getSetResults, of a certain object LocalConnection works fine in Flash MX 2004 Professional 7.2 but does not in Flash MX 2004 Professsional 7.0. To make matters worse, I need it and I have only the latter, not the former.

OK. Unbelievable Nugget of Wisdom. If you are trying to establish a local connection between flash movies, you'd better declare the local connection object as say "my_lc = new LocalConnection()". Do not go for the more correct style of declaring separately as "var my_lc; my_lc = new LocalConnection();"

Why etc. don't ask.

2 comments:

Vivek said...

Welcome to the world of programming! ;-)

Anonymous said...

use another computer