Thursday, August 24, 2006

SHE'S BACK !

Martina Hingis may have lost in the finals of the Canadian Open to Ana Ivanovic but it is clear that the Swiss Miss is back and back with a bang. After reaching the semifinals she has returned to the Top 10 for the first time since 2002 at a lofty height where compatriots like Serena and Venus Williams, her ineffectiveness against whose power game allegedly forced her out, nowhere close in contention. Way to go. Such are the ups and downs of sport.

Here the Swiss Miss says

"At the beginning of the year if you had asked me if I'd make the Top 10, I'd kiss your hand and say, 'Well, yes, of course I'll take it.' But now I'm making it and I see those girls really fight to earn their spot; you always want more. Of course, I'm frustrated losing the finals, but all you can do is keep your head up; there's certainly some things I have to work on before the US Open."

What are the odds on a Federer-Hingis double blast at a Grand Slam tournament in the near future ?

No comments: