Friday, April 07, 2006

I Hate You !

That might sound like a horrible thing to say - but I was just wondering - is hatred better than indifference ? I remember making a post a few days back about my desire to hurt someone and the more I think of it I realize that if I want to hurt that person it is because it MATTERS to me whether he/she is hurt. So clearly I am not indifferent towards him/her.

I remember reading a poem in Hindi in Standard 10. It went something like:

Agar Phool Nahin Bo Sakte To
Kaatein Kam Se Kam Mat Bovo

Meaning if you can't make a person happy at least don't hurt him/her.

Now I can't say I totally disagree with that - but I do feel hatred is perhaps a better emotion to have than indifference. I don't know whether I would feel better to be hated than to be not cared for.

2 comments:

Meen said...

Hmm yes.. I do agree with the post.. though I still cannot hate any person on the earth !

Kasturi said...

i remember that poem too..it was amazing and it made sense...aah it wud have been so nice if i remembered it even today...
anyways...i guess atleast u r expressing ur anger and not keeping it inside...few people are filled with so much of hatred for the other but at times they cant express it...may be because its either totally useless spending time to show that hatred...sometimes that person is not even that worth spenidng so much time...
also another thing...make sure...are u angry with that person or with something that he/she did...if its the act u r angry on it can always be corrected...
i guess talked a lot now...
but believe in one thing...live and let live and forgive and forget!!