Saturday, October 15, 2005

Go Gaurav

This post is to support Gaurav Sabnis, a Mumbai blogger who is involved in some pretty serious legal matters on account of some of his blog posts that sought to bring to the notice of the blogosphere certain issues regarding IIPM and a certain Arindam Chaudhary.

Im sure many of you must have heard about the story but for those of you are uninitiated or are unclear this post of Amit Varma is a good point to begin.

Of course you can find details of the latest from the above post and on Gaurav's blog. I just want to support Gaurav wholeheartedly for the principled stand he has taken and his determination to stand for freedom of speech. I also wish him all the best and hope that he emerges victorious.

Yes, I do have a lot more to say on the role of the blogosphere in this context, but for lack of time, that will have to be some time later.

1 comment:

Vivek said...

I didn't know about this issue... rather out of touch of news since I came here! Its amazing what goes on in the world! But I guess it takes just one Gaurav Sabnis to correct it! Go Gaurav!